Sunday, May 17, 2009

Yellow Group Post #2

I think there is a definite disconnect between the technologies used in the classroom and ones used personally by students. Other than in my previous blog, about how one teacher used a video game to teach students about the Normandy Invasion in WWII, I have not had a single teacher who attempted to bridge this divide.

I think the divide is so present simply because most teachers cannot think of a way to incorporate it into their curriculum. Other than Math Blaster, which is designed for children under 10, how else would a teacher incorporate video games into a high school geometry lesson? There is only so much you can do with a medium, and then there is also the problems which may arise by multiple students using it (different computer types, glitches, crashes, ect).

Personally, I think it comes down to the lesson being taught and the teacher's own creativity, which, hopefully, will both be available to me when I enter the classroom to brighten young minds.

No comments:

Post a Comment